i baked some classic aussie anzac biscuits this morning & they were so delicious!
my wonderful SIL shared the recipe with me, & now i’m sharing it with you
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 125g butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Sift flour into a large bowl then stir in oats, coconut and sugar.
- Place butter and golden syrup in a small saucepan over heat until melted. Remove from heat. Combine bicarbonate of soda and 2 tablespoons water then stir into golden syrup mixture (mixture might become frothy). Add immediately to flour mixture and stir
- Roll mixture, into balls (or use a spoon to get chunks of mixture), placing on baking tray. Flatten, allowing room for biscuits to spread. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, swapping trays after 10 minutes, or until biscuits are golden. Allow biscuits to cool completely on trays.
I made a double batch
Don’t they look delish?!